Friday, May 23, 2008

american idol 2008

Wow! A rocker finally won the American Idol title -- and David Cook is the most popular guy in Kansas(?). He won for selecting a wider repertoire of songs and a good singing voice but the more musical voice belongs to David Archuleta, the favorite 17-year old teenager from Utah.

I didn't follow the whole season -- only viewed the last two programs. I was most impressed at the display of talents and the repertoire of songs delivered. George Michael and Bryan Adams took the stage...did the organisers picked these two as David Cook won the landslide 12 million more votes -- Cook got 56% while Archuleta 44%!?

I don't envy the job of the judges though...tiresome to go through tens and thousands of wannabes. Some of the voices were hopelessly terrible...I don't know how Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell sat through the sessions.

3 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

I'm very happy with the results of American Idol Lea. David Cook was my pick from pretty much the beginning. He and the other David and Michael Johns were my favorites. When it got to be down to just the two Davids, I felt David Cook was more prepared to be the American Idol...even though David A had a beautiful, pure voice. He's very young and has plenty of time to mature. I feel it was the absolute right choice.

Mother of Invention said...

I don't know how they get that far when they're that horrible! I'm sure I know people who could sing better!

I don't actually watch it!

(I love the zig-zag stems of the lily!)

twilite said...

moi: Wonderful to see you here. Good day.